Thursday, December 30, 2010

Crazy times

Thinking on past winter researching has me thinking about all the crazy things my mom and I have done over the years since we started researching together.  Driving to a cemetery in the dark of night, searching by headlight and flashlight just because we didn't want to give up for the day.  Traveling down deserted roads in hopes of finding that secluded cemetery that might or might not hold an ancestor (this being before cell phones I might add).  And of course the one that led to this picture... we tromped all over this little cemetery uncovering the snowy mounds to see who's stone lay underneath.  Using our feet as sonar to find flat stones until we found ggg-grandma Pouppirt:)  Snow really brings out the inscription I might say (as well as mud, but that's another story!). I love "cemetery stomping" as we call it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm also researching the Pouppirts. Mary's parents are John Isiah Reynolds and Mary (Popper or Pouppirt). I go through their son John Thomas Reynolds. Anyway, I think there might be a link between Charles Louis Henry Pouppirt and Mary's mother. I'd love to collaborate. nicolmontero at gamily dot com

    ReplyDelete