Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Little Genius

  Today took a while to get through.  Tomorrow we have a road trip that is going to mess with our schedule for the week, so I was encouraging the kids to get more done so they didn't have to work on it later and then they moved as if in molasses.  Isn't that the way? :)
  One of Mookie's lessons this week is a reluctant reader's writing guide on poetry that we're trying out for the Crafty Classroom.  Mookie HATES writing!  She'd rather be crafting.  So she put off the writing her couplet until the very end along with a couple of other minor subjects.  
  At the end of the school day, she presented me with this...
"But I'm an explorer, those maps I will use.  For ambling and rambling, wherever I choose".

Heavenly days.  Boy, it was worth all the pulling of teeth to get a gem like that.  My child is a genius!  She's the next Emily Dickinson!  Then pulling me out of my daydream, I hear her say something to the affect of "so you like my handwriting assignment?".  Huh?  Um, yes, your handwriting is beautiful.  Seems we still have some poetry to work on :)

1 comment: