Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The One O'Clock Miracle (a review)

-->
   I LOVE a good read-aloud picture book.  My favorites are Dr. Seuss’ What Was I Scared Of? and Llama Llama Red Pajama, things you can really get into. Those books were what The One O’Clock Miracle by Alison Mitchell reminded me of.  The book is highly visual, and not just with the pictures, but with the strong descriptive words that are highlighted at times…
-->
With a pre-reader in my house who is very interested in words and what they say, this is a great way to draw attention to individual words.
-->
Of course, the most important thing about this book is its message.  The subtitle is “Trusting the Words of Jesus”.  How appropriate, that’s all we can do today, and it is such an important lesson to pass along to our kiddos.  We can’t see Jesus in the flesh, but we can see all of his promises in action!

-->
At the end of the book are Scripture references where you can find the original story of the One O’clock Miracle in the Bible, as well as the chapter and verse where the Bible tells us that we can believe in Him because of what we have heard.

  This is definitely a "keeper" of a book.  Thanks to Cross Focused Reviews for giving me a chance to review it.  The opinions in this blog are my own. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment