Monday, March 14, 2016

Little Things: Sale Barn

  In continuance of our stopping to do the little things, this week it was the "sale barn".  I am ashamed at how long it has taken us to do this one.  On the edge of our little town is the livestock auction house.  It is a popular place to grab a lunch and watch the cows on Mondays.  We have lived in town 15 years and I. have. never. been. :( I think the knowing of how busy it can get and not wanting to make a faux pas (especially with kiddos in tow) has been my main excuse in recent years for not going.  But no more.  Shorty had it on his list and was getting adamant about it.  In fact I heard about it all last week after we missed it on Monday.  The only reason I remembered it today was because I was lying in bed last night and then I heard the mournful mooing of the cows waiting for the big day.  I made Hubby promise to remind me.  And we didn't forget :)
 
waiting for the auction to start
We arrived just before sale time to get good seats.  Wow!  Those auctioneers had it down to an art form getting those cows and bulls through the arena.  Fast paced for sure!  The kids' favorite parts were the young calves and then the longhorns (there were two), which rekindled excitement of an upcoming trip to our much loved Wichita Mountains. 
longhorns
We saw numerous buddies and had a grand time. The kids are excited to go back and so am I.  So, no more fear of the unknown and another "someday" off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment