Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A "Little" Shopping Trip

  Today we took our bi-monthly trip to Jamesport, MO for our grocery shopping at the Amish bulk foods store.  I thought I'd share a little about what we purchase for our home use.  Here is my shopping list. 
I don't get everything each time, but its great to have a master list of what we use most often.  This time I got: baking cocoa, sugar, citric acid, cumin, black pepper, cornmeal, baking powder, rice, powdered sugar, salt, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, quick oats, instant potatoes, elbow macaroni, honey, paprika, chocolate chips, mini colored chocolate drops,  chai tea (they have some wonderful mixes), salt & sea salt.  Oh and the cheese!  I can get 6-ish pounds of cheese for $3.89 to $4 per pound, so I buy a couple of logs of those.

Here's a picture of my haul minus the cheese:

All of this cost around $190.  I did buy a cookie sheet too.  They have excellent kitchen tools, so I'll pick up one every once in a while.
  When we do our trip we take my mom with us and make it into a fun field trip!  Today we went 15 minutes out of our way to do some family history research - and we even found some tidbits!  While we try to make our trip every other month its been since February since our last trip.  I was getting a little desperate...when the cheese is running out, that's our signal to go.  We ran out of cheese a week ago, my kids were going to riot soon;)

No comments:

Post a Comment